Five scholarships are available for people who work or volunteer in a non-government organisation (NGO) or community based organisation (CBO) in the area/s of HIV, sexual health, viral hepatitis, drug use, sex work, multicultural health, or Aboriginal health.
Each scholarship will cover costs for full registration to attend the conference. Other costs, such as travel, accommodation, and incidentals, will not be provided.
Scholarship applications closed on 1 December 2015.
Key selection criteria
Applicants must meet the following selection criteria in order to apply:
- Currently work or volunteer for a non-government organisation (NGO) or community based organisation (CBO) in the area/s of HIV, sexual health, viral hepatitis, drug use, sex work, multicultural health, or Aboriginal health
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Reside within Australia
- Provide a CV or brief overview of their experience and qualifications in support of their application (no more than two pages)
- Provide a reference from a professional or line manager stating why they are eligible to apply.
Applicants who will be presenting a paper at the conference will be looked upon favourably.
All applicants must complete the application truthfully and advise the Conference Organising Committee if their situation changes.
Assessment of applications
- The Conference Organising Committee will review all applications received by the closing date
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified within two weeks of the closing date
- Unsuccessful applicants will be placed on a wait-list and further offers will be made if scholarship places become available
- Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer within two weeks of the closing date
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an acceptance form
- Once the acceptance form has been completed and signed, the successful applicant will be registered to attend the conference
- If a completed acceptance form is not returned within two weeks of the offer of a scholarship, the offer will be withdrawn and the scholarship may be granted to another applicant
Funding of scholarships
The scholarship program relies on funding from commercial, government and non-government sources. Any commercial sponsors are not involved in, or consulted on, the assessment of applications.